Welcome to the webinar for the new EPD generator from LCA.no with the new standard EN 15804 + A2.
Some of you have already had the pleasure of trying out the new version.
On August 23, we will have a webinar for all users of the EPD generator.
Registrer for Norsk eller engelsk bruker webinar via eposten som ble sendt til alle brukere 30.06.2022:
- Introduction to the new EPD generator tool
- Presentation of the new standard EN 15804 + A2
- Demo of support.lca.no
- Questions from users
Important issues during the transition to the new standard 15804 + A2:
- The + A2 version of the standard uses indicators other than + A1, to harmonize with PEF (Product Environmental Footprint) from the EU.
- Det er flere indikatorer i +A2 versjonen av standarden enn +A1.
- There are more indicators in the + A2 version of the standard than + A1
- This applies to both the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions such as Global Warming Potential (GWP) which now uses 4 different indicators, but also e.g. acidification AP (acidification potential) which previously had the unit SO2-eq and now with + A2 has a unit of mol H + eq.
Because of this difference, EPDs according to the +A1 version of EN 15804 cannot be used as data input in EPDs according to +A2.
During the transition period, it will be necessary to use average data / generic data for materials until more EPDs according to + A2 are available.
Contact your suppliers early and request EPDs that follow the EN 15804 +A2 standard.
Conversion of EPDs to the new system
The EPD header (text section) will be the same as before. All EPDs that are already in the system will therefore still be visible. However, EPD data from EPDs according to the + A1 standard, will not be visible in the new system, since they are stored in the old database tables. The datasets have new names and new values, therefore the EPDs must be set up again. For a period of time, you will still have access to the old system under LCA.tools so that you can use it as a reference to set up the new EPDs.
LCA.no can help convert + A1 EPDs on an hourly basis.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of EPDs (including EPD ID and name) you want to convert to the new standard. (1550, - excl. VAT per hour.)
The updated EPDs can be sent to EPD-Norway to replace existing EPDs developed in accordance with EN15804 + A1. (This update is free of charge from EPD Norway).
Contact us at email@example.com with a list of EPDs (including EPD ID and name) you want to convert to the new standard. (1550, - excl. VAT per hour.) The updated EPDs can be sent to EPD-Norway to replace existing EPDs developed in accordance with EN15804 + A1. (This update is free of charge from EPD Norway). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +47 916 50 916 if you have any questions related to the upcoming update